The main difference is that the two black jacks are the kickers in bonus hands. For example, four of a kind aces with either of the black jacks is a jackpot hand that pays equal to a royal flush. This makes the top portions of the pay table difficult to hit.
Black Jack Bonus is only available on Game King machines. These are only found in live casinos. Online casinos do not offer this game.
How to Find the Best Black Jack Bonus Video Poker Machines
There are several Black Jack Bonus pay tables out there. None are in a playable range. The best is shown below. It returns 98.1%. This 1.9% house edge is among the highest out there for the best pay table.
Multiply the payout by the number of coins wagered. The royal flush assumes five coins are wagered.
- Royal flush: 800 (250 if wagering fewer than five coins)
- Four aces with a black jack: 800
- Four deuces, threes or fours with a black jack: 400
- Four fives through kings with a black jack: 160
- Four aces or jacks: 160
- Four deuces, threes or fours: 80
- Four fives through kings, excluding jacks: 25
- Full house: 9
- Flush: 6
- Straight: 4
- Three of a kind: 3
- Two pair: 1
- Pair of jacks or better: 1
The return of the game drops by about 1% for every coin a flush and/or full house is reduced. This puts the more popular 8/5 pay table around 96%.
Black Jack Bonus Strategy
The strategy for Black Jack Bonus video poker is like Double Bonus. The only difference is holding a black jack into any dealt trips. Always hold a dealt royal flush, straight flush or four of a kind with a black jack. After that, follow the list below, starting at the top:
- Four of a kind, discarding kicker if not a black jack
- Four to a royal flush
- Three aces, twos, threes or fours, holding a black jack if one was dealt
- Full house and flush
- Three of a kind, holding a black jack if one was dealt
- Four to a straight flush
- Pair of aces
- Two pair
- Suited jack, queen and king
- Pair of kings
- Suited ten, jack and queen
- Pair of jacks or queens
- Four to a flush
- Three to a royal flush
- Four to an open-ended straight with two cards jack and higher
- Any remaining pair
- Jack, queen and king
- Any inside straight with two high cards
- Four to an open-ended straight
- Three suited connectors or three suited straight flush cards with two high cards
- Two suited cards jack and higher
- Three to a straight flush with no gaps or with a card jack or higher
- Two unsuited cards jack or higher
- Ten and jack suited
- Bare ace
- Ten and queen suited
- Three suited cards with a ten and a high card
- Ten and king suited
- Bare jack, queen or king
- Three to any remaining straight flush draws
- Remaining inside straight draws
If none of the above applies to your hand, discard all five cards.
How to Increase Your Return at Black Jack Bonus Video Poker
Black Jack Bonus video poker is only spread at live casinos. One perk that is typically given there is free drinks. For anything else, you will need to get a loyalty card from the casino.
Find the players center. You will need a valid ID card. The casino will print you a players card. Insert this into the slot above the video poker machine when playing. It will track your play and award slot points. These points may be used for free play or comps like hotel and food.
If you play enough, the casino may send you a mailer with personalized offers. These usually include free slot play, hotel rooms and meals. If you play a significant amount, the casino may assign you a host. This person will make sure that you have a great experience, including upgraded meals, rooms and show tickets.